What We Do
We liaise with other organisations, such as the Metropolitan Police, Community groups, Local Councils, Faith groups, and educational establishments, who help us identify these at risk young people, both before and unfortunately sometimes after they have been affected by street crime.
On identifying the youth to be reached and guided by our ethos – P.I.P.E. – Pray, Inspire, Promote, Empower, we:
• Build relationships with the organisations that have contacts with the young ones involved.
• Reach out to the young people themselves as directly as possible with our message.
• Try to identify the needs of these young ones that would keep the safe and stop them from being involved in street gangs.
• Show them, and empower them through, their strengths and guide them to embrace these, whilst inspiring them to overcome their weaknesses.
• Organise, with them, programmes and events if required, that would help promote them beyond the level they currently find themselves.
• Engage with their parents and guardians, where possible, to make them more aware of the needs, especially through effective communication within the family unit.
• Provide information of, as well as signpost sources of help, both governmental and otherwise, that can be used to improve their situation.